Monday, November 9, 2015

The post about motivation, Remembrance Sunday and selfie rehab?



  • Meanwhile, Saturday on Instagram...
  • Holy Hannah! I spent way too long on this coffee time pic and I'm still not happy with it. But I'm letting it go. I've lots of training to do this morning. The gym awaits me. My arms are still sore from my workout on Thursday, but I promised Tony I'd work my arms this weekend. So I will. And what I've learned is that you just work through the aches and it eventually gets better. So it's almost time to embarrass myself by the free weights this morning. That's after I do HIIT and work my glutes and abs of course. And the push ups and pull ups. My absolute favorite:-(





  • I had a solid 1.5 hour workout. I did all of the things I hate the most. Arms, core, the push ups and pull ups. And let's not forget HIIT. I begin each workout with HIIT and I honestly hate it the most. But it's necessary. 
  • One of the most asked questions I get via my blog is where I find my motivation from. Goals. That's my short answer. Here's my long answer. When I weighed 300+ pounds, it was a struggle to move. Walking up stairs was painful. I was basically sedentary. My first goal was to complete the Learn to Run clinic through the Running Room. When I was successful completing that goal, I went to the next clinic, then the next. Within a year of learning how to run, I ran my first 1/2 marathon. I ran for over 3 years before I felt I the need to be challenged further. Enter strength training and boxing. 
  • The boxing scares the crap outta me. That's why I'm doing it. It has taken me over 3 years to get as strong as I am now. It will take me another year and then some to be boxing ready. And I welcome the challenge. It keeps things interesting. After spending my life barely being able to move to being able to do what I can now is my motivation. My sense of accomplishment is what makes my determination game so strong. And if I can achieve everything that I have in the past 4 years, imagine what you can do with a little motivation of your own...





Draw me like one of your French girls...
  • My mime game was strong today! But I am 50% French Canadian for realz. True story! Wine time had a theme tonight. The French connection:-) Today was a huge write off. No one left the house except for me this morning when I ventured to the gym. 
  • I share a lot about my life on social media. I'm fairly open with my journey and my struggles with my weight issues throughout my life. But there are certain parts of my life that are off limits. Like my personal life and my family. I share some things but not everything. I like to keep my career separate and don't post too much about my family. That's done on purpose. When I get messages and comments that ask very personal questions, you shouldn't expect a response. I'm an open book when it comes to weight loss and maintenance. That's why I keep a fitness Instagram and write a blog. My weight loss experience is always something I'll talk openly about. But don't ask me personal questions. If I don't talk about it on here, it's not open for discussion. I'm nobody. Why my personal life is so intriguing to complete strangers is beyond me...





  • Meanwhile, Sunday on Instagram...
  • It's coffee time and it's Remembrance Sunday. It is observed in the UK and British Commonwealth countries, which includes Canada. Today services all over the country are held to commemorate the contribution and sacrifice of the men and women who served in the two World Wars and later conflicts. A day of reflection for all of us to be thankful for the freedoms that were fought for us. Much of it done before I was even born. 
  • I saw a fact on Twitter about the Korean War. More than 26,000 Canadians served and 516 died. My uncle Anthony (father's brother) died in Korea. He was barely 20. There are few pictures of him but he looked like my dad. All my dad's brothers looked alike. And they all served (either in the 2nd World War or in Korea). My uncle Anthony making the ultimate sacrifice. 
  • My father couldn't serve in Korea because his education wasn't high enough. He tried to enlist with Anthony. My father left school as a young boy to work and help support his family. He's not got a grade 6 education. Having to do that at such a young age was something I never knew and something my son would never know thanks to the sacrifices made by the courageous men and women who fought for this country...





  • HIIT is the devil. It's a fact. No better way to sweat like hell. Good workout this morning. My focus was glutes, shoulders and abs. My arms were still sore from yesterday. I think I did good. It hurts to laugh. So I declare today No Laugh Sunday. You may smile excessively though. 
  • You know you worked hard when you're doing the back extension machine and every time you swing upwards sweat flies off your face. I'm so sexy at the gym that the hot men with beards can't contain themselves. That is not a fact. That's totally fictitious. But there are bearded hot guys a plenty at the gym right now. Movember rocks! I just ate all the protein. Now I should change out of my sweat dried gym clothes and get on with my day. I've shopping, laundry and chicken soup to make. Julien's favorite...





  • The pic on the left is from yesterday. I attempted to take a cute post-shower selfie with Smitty. All that happened was she clawed the shit out of me as she tried to escape my love. Selfie fail:-( Today I selfied a few times. Coffee time, post gym, and a Sunday selfie on twitter. I wasn't feeling like doing a wine time selfie at all. Off my game you say? Entirely possible. I announced I wasn't feeling it and I got an outpouring of concern and selfie requests. To be honest, I got only one request, the other inquiries were to ask about my mental health status. Meh, I took the one request and rolled with it. 
  • This morning I deleted 1800+ photos off my phone. Anxiety causing and freeing all at once. It was my first step in selfie whore rehabilitation. Truth be told, if you spent your entire life looking like I used to, you'd selfie your ass off too. Why I let the opinions of strangers get to me is still a mystery. Please don't try to make me feel bad for enjoying my pictures. There's an unfollow button for a reason. Exercise your right to do so. Long live the selfie!!!!